Great leaders often do the small things in big ways. And, many times, this means they do "just a little bit more" than is required. That's what gives them the competitive edge over their competition--that razor's edge
In this episode, we discuss just a few recommendations that, while seemingly small, can make all the difference in our success:
- Greet others first
- Be courteous
- Offer help before it's sought
- Send cards or letters to offer a word of encouragement, thanks, etc.
- Return phone calls promptly
- Check your email messages to ensure that they aren't harsh or could be misinterpreted
- Read Good to Great by Jim Collins and Psychology of Winning by Denis Waitley. These are just two of the many books I consider essential in a leader's library. Remember, "all leaders are readers."
- Seek ways to make others' jobs easier and faster
- Value others' opinions
- Apologize if wrong has been done. True/effective leaders take personal responsibility for their errant actions.
If you have not done so already, please subscribe to this podcast so you can receive all episodes automatically. Then, please feel free to send your comments and suggestions by one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast hotline: 206/984-3136
- Leave comments by using the link shown below